The First Noel
Lyrics / Letras
1. The first Noel, the angel did say,
was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay;
in fields where they lay keeping their sheep,
on a cold winter night that was so deep.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the king of Israel
2. They looked up and saw a star
shining in the east beyond them far.
And to the earth it gave great light.
And so it continued both day and night.
3. And by the light of that same star
three wise men came from country far;
to seek for a King was their intent,
and to follow the star wherever it went.
4. This star drew nigh to the northwest,
o’er Bethlehem it took it’s rest
And there it did both stop and stay,
right over the place where Jesus lay.
5. Then entered in those wise men three,
full reverently upon the knee;
and offered there in his presence
their gold and myrrh and frankincense.